Floral Carpet – Autumn Fair 1958
The Maleny Horticultural Society held its Annual Dahlia Show. Nett takings were approximately £95/-/-. Although entries in the vegetable section were well down on previous years due to the hard season, flower entries were up to standard both in quality and quantity.
Awards for Dahlias were won by:
- Grand Champion Dahlia: Miss Gibson
- Champion Charm Cactus: Mrs Adams
- Champion Charm Decorative: Mrs Adams
- Champion Decorative: Mrs Bergann
- Champion Cactus: Mrs Bergann
- Champion Pompon: Mrs Bergann
In the Other Flower Category the Champion Flower was won C Lew (Rose) whilst Mrs Riordan won the Champion Arrangement award.
The sixth Annual Meeting and Election of Officers was held in the Church of England Hall.
Officers elected for 1958-1959 were:
- Patron: Mr J. H. Skerman
- President: Mr A. Lockwood
- Vice President: Mrs W. Bergann
- Secretary: Mrs A. W. Plucknett
- Treasurer: Mrs Humphries
- Auditor: Mr W. Petersen
Subscription: It was unanimously agreed that subscription remain at 5/-.
Trophies: The President presented the competition trophies to Mrs Dunstan gaining highest score with 211 points in A GRADE. Mrs Waters 174 and Mrs Plucknett were in second and third places. In B GRADE Mrs Beacom won the other trophy gaining 252 points, Mrs Ensbey with 136 came second and Mrs Chafer third with 32 points. All three now join the ranks with others in the A GRADE section.