Theme – Fairy Story or Nursery Rhyme – Autumn Fair 1981
No photographic record of the floral carpet has been discovered.
A cheque for $236.88 was given to Maleny School of Arts Committee treasurer Mary Cooke at the end of the Maleny and District Autumn Fair on March 13. This donation was made possible by the work of Maleny and District Horticultural Society, whose members have made the fair an annual event. The main attraction this year was 21 segments set up on the stage, each illustrating a fairy story or nursery rhyme. Primary school children were invited to identify each segment and their sharp eyes did not miss the cleverly disguised ones – Twinkle, Twinkle: Three Blind Mice and Hickory Dickory Dock.
Preparations for the Floral Carpet 1982: It was suggested that theme for Autumn Fair be Commonwealth Games.
The twenty ninth Annual Meeting and Election of Officers was held at the home of Mrs S. McNall on 27 September.
Officers elected for 1981-1982 were:
- Patron: Mr A. W Webster
- President: Mr P. Prentis
- Vice Presidents: Mrs A. Hawkins, Mrs T. Skerman
- Secretary: Mrs T. Dunstan
- Treasurer: Mrs E. Hawkins
Two suggestions were made by the President:
- that the Executive Committee attend to most of the business previous to meetings to allow more time for horticulture etc.,
- that members all wear name tags for instant identification.
These were accepted unanimously.